velocity-user mailing list archives

From aaron <ar...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Velocity macros for recursive display of tree?
Date Sun, 24 Nov 2002 00:30:13 GMT
 > [ several suggestions about displaying trees ]

Yes, I did go ahead and implement a recursive macro that is fed an
implementation of javax.swing.tree.TreeNode and am excited this works as
nicely as it does.  I had previously attempted to do something like this
with iterate tags, and finally ended up writing my own TreeTag custom
JSP tag to render a tree, but that amounted to hundreds of lines of
code, while my velocity macro is, so far, a concise 24 lines (logic AND
presentation).  I'm impressed.

Thanks,
Aaron