velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Vaneet Sharma" <Van...@iwg.info>
Subject RE: Overriding HttpServlet init method or Velocity loadConfiguration
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:55:42 GMT
you have still to overridde init()
and then you can do all your
   program code in

 public Template handleRequest(HttpServletRequest request,
      HttpServletResponse response, Context ctx)
  {

}

Read the velcoity user guide and developer guide
  there are examples that you can see.
 chao

-----Original Message-----
From: Kwirirai [mailto:kwiri@ibsdev.africaonline.co.zw]
Sent: 14 November 2002 08:00
To: velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Overriding HttpServlet init method or Velocity
loadConfiguration

Hi all
I having trouble trying to figure out which method to use when
initializing my  servlet.Normally  I would initialize all my variables
that are to be used throughout the servlet  life using the init method
.I am not sure which method to override  when using VelocityServlet
.Could you please give me the best advice on which method I should use
to initialize my variables.

Kwirirai Nhakwi
Harare, Zimbabwe