velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Charles N. Harvey III" <charl...@alloy.com>
Subject RE: Velocity vs. Servlets
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 19:15:39 GMT
The VelocityViewServlet in the tools subproject is also very helpful.
You write regular servlets but the view layer is all velocity pages:
"page.vm".  In web.xml you map *.vm -> VelocityViewServlet.  All of
your requests are processed as usual, then handed off to the VVS
which examines your request and session object (possibly more) and
makes all the values accessible by velocity templates.

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/toolsubproject.html

Its worth checking out, I think its a great product.

Charlie