velocity-user mailing list archives

From rgrieselhu...@teamsol.com
Subject RE: Must Restart Server??
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 18:53:52 GMT
It wasn't in a macro (as I understand macros ... as in macros defined in
the template). It's in the handleRequest method of the servlet and any
class that that method calls.

Jenny Brown <jenny@bigbrother.net>
11/04/2002 01:54 PM
Please respond to "Velocity Users List"

        To:     Velocity Users List <velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:     (bcc: Ray Grieselhuber/Teamwork)
        Subject:        RE: Must Restart Server??

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 rgrieselhuber@teamsol.com wrote:

> Thanks Kevin. I think this is actually a Velocity thing... None of my
> other servlets require me to start the server, or even the webapp for
that
> matter. It seems like there should be a cache setting somewhere in
> Velocity that enables me to make changes to a Servlet that extends
> VelocityServlet without needing to restart the container. Am I wrong?
> Thanks!
> Ray

I have noticed even under Tomcat that if I make a change to a velocity
template, it reloads automatically, EXCEPT if the change I made was
inside of a macro, in which case I have to force a servlet container
restart to see the change.

I'm not sure why macros are caching, but check if your change was in a
macro.