velocity-user mailing list archives

From bob mcwhirter <...@werken.com>
Subject RE: discarding method return values
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 14:26:50 GMT

Sorry for being pedantic here, but if you're calling a method and
ignore its return value in a template, then you're just wanting
the side-effects of the method call?  I'd consider that to probably
be a Bad Programming Practice.  That logic is probably better-suited
for the Controller end of things, and in the View.

Though, cheap and easy is to stick it inside HTML comments, if
you're playing with HTML.  <!-- foo.getBar() -->.

Velocity will ignore the HTML comment gleefully, and they'll
prevent the return from being seen.

	-bob