velocity-user mailing list archives

From Andy Lee <ag...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: Must Restart Server??
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 19:04:18 GMT
At 12:54 PM -0600 11/4/02, Jenny Brown wrote:
>I have noticed even under Tomcat that if I make a change to a
>velocity template, it reloads automatically, EXCEPT if the change I
>made was inside of a macro, in which case I have to force a servlet
>container restart to see the change.

I've noticed this too.

There was something in the archives about a velocity.properties
setting for caching of *global* macros (see the docs -- changing from
the default is recommended only during development).  So one option
would be to move your macro to the global macros file.  I meant to
try this, but never got around to it.

--Andy