velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Romianowski" <megap...@gmx.de>
Subject RE: Velocity Conflict with Tomcat 4?
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 15:15:30 GMT
> Peter,
>
> I'm using the Enhydra framework with Tomcat.  The Session
> object belongs to Enhydra, not Tomcat.  I'm not using
> Tomcat's session logic at all - partly because I have one

  Ah, that makes somethings a bit clearer! :)

> As I said, my application (with its Velocity component) has
> worked perfectly with Tomcat 3.2.4 and 3.3.1, (using Velocity
> 1.2 and 1.4) but the part I've mentioned is broken with
> Tomcat 4.0.  And, as I said in my original message, I have a
> suspicion that it has to do with Velocity's introspection.

  But there is no org/apache/tomcat/core/Context - Class in
Tomcat 4 (But in Tomcat 3.x)! So, if this problem is in Velocity
it has to be a real severe bug (changing Classnames around?) and
I still don't think that that's the case.

  Could you please try a new installation from the scratch?
It sounds like you're using Tomcat 4 but Enhydra uses Tomcat 3.

  I do not know anything about Enhydra btw. I think you should
post your problem to the Enhydra-List as well.

Peter