velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Will Glass-Husain" <wgl...@forio.com>
Subject Suppressing resource not found errors?
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:26:05 GMT
Hi,

I've got a new app using a VelocityServlet.  Part of my design searches through different
folders for a given template.  I can't set up a template path to handle this, since the folders
are dynamically configured.  Instead, I repeatedly call getTemplate (usually 2 or 3 times)
until I find the template I'm looking for.

The problem is the error messages

12-12 12:23:59 ERROR - ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'forio/messages.htm' in any
resource loader.

That appear in the log for every bad guess.  Is it possible to suppress the Resource Manager
errors?  I'd argue that this raising this issue to the "error" level more properly belongs
to the application domain, anyway.  If it's not configurable, I offer the feature suggestion
to make this "info" or better yet "debug".

As an aside, it's interesting to reflect how long it's been since I wrote to this list with
a question (despite the fact that I use it every day).   Good sign of how easy this tool is
to use and maintain.

thanks in advance,
WILL

Forio Business Simulations