velocity-user mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: that statement takes 20s !!!!
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 09:44:40 GMT

On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, at 02:37 AM, IO wrote:

> Hello Everybody,
>
>  I am using Velocity in a servlet web application that keeps
> it's VTL code in a database. I am using the following code to
> process the template:
>
>  Velocity.evaluate(context, writer, "label1", vtlCode);

We do have a data source loader if you wanted to do things the
'conventional' way.

> where vtlCode is a String object containing the VTL code :)).
>
> My problem is that only that statement takes 20s !!!! Is there an
> workaround for this ?

Do you mean executing that evaluate takes 20 seconds?

> The VM template has only a for..each directive and in the context
> I have 20 objects, each of these has references to aprox
> 10 other objects.
>
> I am using Velocity 1.3c2, Resin 2.0.3, JDK 1.4.

Could you describe the template (send it to the list) and what the
objects are, and what they do?

--
Geir Magnusson Jr                                   203-355-2219(w)
Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-247-1713(m)