velocity-user mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: array lengths
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:23:32 GMT

On Thursday, December 12, 2002, at 11:06 AM, Iain Young wrote:

> Hi folks, hopefully a quick one this.
>
> I have an array of objects which I want to find the length of, however
> when
> I try...
>
> 	$objects.length

Yes - because length isn't really a method, but an artificial construct
of the language taken care of for you by the compiler.

> I get $objects.length rendered instead of the expected array length
> value.
> Is it possible get this value, or do I have to get hold of arrays as
> ArrayLists and call the size() method instead?

That would be the best way, or add a tool to the context that does
something like

public int arrLen(Object[] arr)
{
     return arr.length;
}

--
Geir Magnusson Jr                                   203-355-2219(w)
Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-247-1713(m)