velocity-user mailing list archives

From Charlene Mitchell <charlene...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: hash map or equivalent possible
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:03:48 GMT
Wow, thanks for all the replies!

This hack was exactly what I was looking/hoping for
and it works!
It will do until v1.5 (?) and some kind of default
support is added (not sure why it isn't already in
there tho').

BTW, I'm not using Velocity in a servlet.

Thanks & regards

Charlene

 --- Andy Lee <aglee@earthlink.net> wrote: > At 8:28
AM +0000 12/19/02, Charlene Mitchell wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Where would I get $map from in the first place?
> >
> >I cannot add it to the context as I only have
> access
> >to Velocity templates and not to the Java code.
> >

> Someone once posted a hack that was something like
> this:
>

> #set( $foo = "ignored" )
> #set( $map =

$foo.getClass().forName("java.util.HashMap").newInstance()