velocity-user mailing list archives

From Hanasaki JiJi <hanas...@hanaden.com>
Subject Velocity Architecture question "Context" and Maps
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:47:07 GMT
The Velocity Context seems to have most of the functionality of a Map
(and its methods).  In fact, it even has a constructor that takes a
param of a Map.  Unfortunately, the Map reference is not available from
the Context.

I have some existing code that takes a Java Map and have found that I
now need to copy the key/value pairs from Context to a temporary Map.
Is there anyway to avoid this and get the Map from the Context?
Attached is a wrapper class for Context.  I am not happy with it but it
does solve the problem of copying maps.

Thanks,

= Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the     =
=       right things.    - Peter Drucker                        =
=     http://www.sun.com/service/sunps/jdc/javacenter.pdf       =
=  www.sun.com | www.javasoft.com | http://wwws.sun.com/sunone  =