velocity-user mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: hash map or equivalent possible
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:40:35 GMT

On Wednesday, December 18, 2002, at 11:35 AM, Charlene Mitchell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In my Velocity template I need to keep a track of
> whether or not a value has been seen before.
>
> Traditionally I guess I would use a HashMap and check
> if the key has been set previously.
>
> How can I do that in Velocity?

Use a HashMap and check if the key has been set previously :)

> I'm using a 3rd party tool which uses Velocity - so
> I'm unable to go in and change the Java code, I only
> have access to write velocity templates.

Well...  Well have an experimental map creation syntax in 1.5, but you
probably don't want to bet on using that.

Can you get this 3rd party tool to add things to the context for you?
What tool?

--
Geir Magnusson Jr                                   203-355-2219(w)
Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-247-1713(m)