velocity-user mailing list archives

From Morten Hoyer <morten.ho...@noosh.com>
Subject Problems with macros and includes?
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 19:46:05 GMT

Hi,
We have a template that uses the #include directive to include a template
with a number of macros. By default, this does not seem to work. The result
is that the contents of the included file is simply flushed directly to the
output stream. We were able to work around this by adding a dummy macro to
the base template, for example:

	#macro( nothing )

	#end

This dummy macro is not being referred to in any way, but it appears like
velocity is able to execute the macros in the included file only when
there's at least one macro in the base template.

We are using velocity 1.3.1 rc-2 and jdk 1.4.0.

Any help is appreciated.

Sincerely,
Morten Hoyer