velocity-user mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: Context & variables in templates
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:53:25 GMT

On Tuesday, December 17, 2002, at 05:07 AM, Yura Ushakhow wrote:

> Kind people, need your help. How could I ask velocity if mytpl.vm has
> reference to $myvar inside , before merging? I need it, to know what
> context user wants instead of generating everything, - just the parts
> it needs.

That's usually an inversion of things - the controller usually has a
clue...

In contrib/temporary/templatetool you'll find a little (unsupported)
class that will return to you a list of references... see if that
helps...

> Thanks for any help,
> Yura.

> For additional commands, e-mail:

Geir Magnusson Jr                                   203-355-2219(w)
Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-247-1713(m)
geirm@adeptra.com