velocity-user mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: DVSL features (was Re: How to add a tool to Anakia context)
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 10:13:13 GMT

On Tuesday, December 3, 2002, at 03:03 AM, Janek Schwarz wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>> On Monday, December 2, 2002, at 05:07 PM, plynchnlm@netscape.net
>> wrote:
>>> The lack of 1.0 kept one of our projects here from using DVSL.
>>> The decision was made to use XSLT instead (yuck).
>> That's crazy talk :)
>> Ok - I'm convinced.  Anything critical needed for 1.0?
>
> I'd like to see an equivalent to XSLT's include/import feature cause
> it promotes smaller and thus more reusable templates.

Will #parse() work?

This can be added after 1.0 if we come up with a better solution - I'm
more interested in what we have in there that we want to take out or
fix because we'll have to support whatever is in 1.0 forever.

--
Geir Magnusson Jr                                   203-355-2219(w)
Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-247-1713(m)