velocity-user mailing list archives

From "M. Sean Gilligan" <Sean_Gilli...@catalla.com>
Subject a PP for Velocity (Was RE: CPP like interface to Velocity)
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 03:27:52 GMT
Didge, et. al,

This looks like a great tool.  However, I was wondering if it could be used to preprocess
Velocity templates?  At one point, I had considered attempting this with Texen, but it is
hard (impossible?) to pre-process a file with a preprocessor that uses the same language.

We are using one large set of .vm HTML templates for a large webapp that has several closely
related "flavors".  We currently handle the different "flavors" with run-time conditionals,
but build-time conditionals would increase performance.  Also since one "flavor" of our webapp
may have one customer's proprietary information, it would be nice to have these conditionals
execute at build-time.

It's not an urgent need, but given the current discussion, I thought it would be worth asking.
 Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Sean