velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nat...@esha.com>
Subject Re: Log4j Problem
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 18:02:19 GMT
Richard said:
> I'm sorry Nathan, but it doesnt work for me. I've added :
> "log4j.logger.org.apache.velocity=DEBUG, stdout" in my log4j.properties.
> Nothing appears in the console... :-(
> I'm using Log4j 1.2.8 and the last version of velocity 1.3.1 final

your versions are fine, and it doesn't help to just tell me it doesn't work.
you need to tell what it is doing, if there's errors, and then, if it's not
doing anything and there are no errors, you need to give more of your
configuration info (web.xml entry, velocity.properties, full
log4j.properties, etc).

when you changed your velocity.properties to use log4j, did it stop
outputting messages to the servlet log?
are you sure your velocity.properties is being used?
and do you have your "stdout" logger defined as a ConsoleAppender?

try using this for your log4j.properties:

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, stdout

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com