velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Philippe Paravicini" <phili...@paravicini.com>
Subject Using VelocityTools within Veltags
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2003 02:35:51 GMT
I am working on a project that calls for delivering a set of html templates
that can be easily customized by our client.

We are using Struts/Tiles, and we are nervous to committing to Velocity for
the whole site (management Covering Their Derriere).
We would like to deliver a mixed Velocity/jsp where most of the
Client-Customizable templates would be in Velocity and enclosed within a set
of Velocity jsp tags from the Veltag project burried at:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-velocity/contrib/temporary/veltag/

We would also like to use the Velocity Tools.

This brings up the following questions:

Is this even a good idea ?
Are VelocityViewServlet or VelocityLayoutServlet required to use the
VelocityTools ?
If not, what would the easiest way to be able to access these tools from
within a Veltag block ?

Thanks for the feedback.

Philippe Paravicini