velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nat...@esha.com>
Subject Re: This question has "first major web app" written all over it.
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:48:25 GMT
John said:
> Velocity alone without need for session objects is
> very fast I am sure, but how does its requirement for Session
> information work with scalability?

huh?  Velocity has absolutely no requirement for session information.  even
assuming you are using velocity-tools, if you don't want to put things in
the session, then don't.  the VelocityViewServlet uses a ChainedContext that
will happily and automatically search your toolbox, request attributes,
session attributes, and application attributes for a template reference.
you are free to get your data from any of the above or even hard-code it in
your templates.

you seem to be operating on either hasty assumptions or a gross
misunderstanding

> I am really wishing I
> had a more full example that really handles some of these concerns.

and i am wishing i had the time to create one for you and others.  but alas,
i don't.  getting things done for my employer and my professors are higher
priorities.  but if someone else has an example to contribute...

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com