velocity-user mailing list archives

From Jim Cole <li...@yggdrasill.net>
Subject allow.inline.local.scope
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 01:28:42 GMT
Hi - I was wondering whether someone would be willing to explain what
the velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline.local.scope property actually
does. I have read the descriptions in both the user and developers
guide and still don't get it. The descriptions seem to imply that when
true this property limits the scope of an inline Velocimacro to the
defining template. But isn't this the case anyway? I thought that by
definition an inline Velocimacro was limited to the defining template.
The descriptions also seem to imply that the property is used as a
trick to allow an inline Velocimacro to override a global. Isn't that
what velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline.to.replace.global is for? I
can't help but think I am missing something here ;)

Jim