velocity-user mailing list archives

From Warner Onstine <sw-l...@warneronstine.com>
Subject Re: Texen or dvsl
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2003 21:43:24 GMT
Pete,
Thanks for the demo, now I have progressed a little further and am running
into a Velocity/Jelly issue. Don't know if this is appropriate here or not.

So, in a jelly file I am parsing the xml and then when I hit a particular
element I want to pass in the document for xpath grabbing in the velocity
template. The problem I am running into is trying to cleanly separate what
jelly does and what the velocity template will do.

If I am correct (can't find this in the velocity doc), velocity can't
actually create any new objects (such as an xpath statement). If this is
true it's going to make it a little more difficult to do what I want to do.

The only alternative I can see at this point is to do all my xpath stuff in
jelly and then pass it into the template. Or write some DVSL capabilities
into a class and use that class.

Thoughts?

-warner