velocity-user mailing list archives

From John Ike <jeich...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: This question has "first major web app" written all over it.
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2003 02:52:38 GMT

Thank you all so much.

 I spent the day continuing the learning process.   I feel SO much
more able once I got past two main bumbling blocks and you helped me
get passed them.   I was losing my application session, I believe,
because I had not seen this aspect of struts-config file:

<action  path=...   type=....ForwardAction   parameter=....*.vm/>

I think because I was missing it, I was getting the concept of a
redirect.   I have to try it out tonight.

Another misunderstanding was making me think incorrectly about need
for application session usage.

Thank you for your patience and good advice.  I feel very capable now
and am thinking about other aspects of MVC such as using OJB for db
and caching.  Ackward growth stage over.

P.S.:   I picked up "Struts in Action" book today which really helped
me get passed these two blocks.  They have a great section on
Velocity.   Also "Proffesional Struts Applications" has also been
amazing Velocity and architecture help for future newbies in need.