velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nat...@esha.com>
Subject Re: How to embed *.vm inside tile
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 03:45:41 GMT
Hao Zhou said:
> How to embed *.vm inside tile, and this tile (xyz) is referenced
from
> struct xml file
>
> I have
> <tiles-definitions>
>    <definition name="xyz ">
>         <put name="body" value="/admin/CustomerList.vm" />
>     </definition>
>
> It thrown me exception

i know very little about Tiles, but i'm fairly certain that no one has
implemented support for using Velocity directly in Tiles in such a
manner.  nor do i expect this to be done.  AFAIK, Tiles is a wholly
JSP-oriented technology.  currently, most people are using the
VelocityLayoutServlet, velocimacros, #parse and #include, and/or their
own system for handling layouts in Velocity-Tools applications.
support for some Tiles-like system and/or integration with Tiles has
been lightly discussed, but I've seen no real work done on that yet.
feel free to be the one to get things going there!

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com