velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Nathan Bubna" <nat...@esha.com>
Subject Re: velocity-tools -> multiple instances of VelocityViewServlet
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 02:46:59 GMT
Dmitri said:
> > ok, one thing in particular i was looking for was where you were
> > specifying the toolbox:  as an application init-params or in each
of
> > the servlets' init params?  i'm guessing it was the latter.  if
so,
> > the next question would be: did both configurations point to the
same
> > toolbox file?
>
> yes and yes (servlet init-param, and same toolbox file)

thanks!

> > yeah, this would be the recommended approach if all you are doing
is
> > switching the content-type according to the requested file name.
> > that's why the setContentType method is passed the request and
> > response.
>
> I'm also wondering why its required - shouldn't mime-mappings (which
didn't
> seem to work for me) in web.xml be enough?

required?  no, it's just what i would recommend for this.  if the
content-type is the only difference, then i don't see much point in
having two servlet instances.  however, that said, i do think you
should be able to do it the way you originally attempted.  so, if i'm
able to replicate the problem when i get some free time (might be a
few weeks), then i will try and fix it.  of course, you or anyone else
is free to dig into it in the meantime should they feel so inclined.

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com