velocity-user mailing list archives

From mailmur <mail...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Win2k Notepad and UTF-8 files BOM mark?
Date Sun, 04 May 2003 10:27:32 GMT
I googled the internet and found out the following
editor. This will let me save UTF-8 without BOM
markers.
http://www.esperanto.mv.ru/UniRed/ENG/index.html

> >> [tomcat4.18/jdk14.1/win2k/velocity 1.3.1]
> >> I'm not sure whether this belongs here but I've
> >> encountered it in Velocity engine anyway.
> >>
> >> I have UTF-8 saved templates, but then every
> generated page has extra ? character at the start of
output.
> >> This is what I found out, and yes hexeditor
> displays 3 extra bytes at start: "the three UTF-8
bytes (0xEF 0xBB 0xBF) as the Unicode Byte-Order Mark
(BOM). Win notepad puts a BOM on front of a file if
you tell it to save as UTF-8 or UTF... " I've put
"input.encoding=UTF-8" param to Velocity.properties.
Is it that, I should use another utf-8 texteditor
instead of Win2k Notepad?