velocity-user mailing list archives

From Normand Gagnon <ngag...@newtrade.com>
Subject Re: parsing variable name in a velocity template
Date Tue, 20 May 2003 22:38:41 GMT
I understand your solution, but it is no what I mean.

I was a *little bit* unclear about my problem,

In fact, I don't want to read template variable from the context, but
really from the template itself.  So, how I do that?

I need to create a html form that when submited, will be used to fill a
context to generate another velocity template (the target template).  So my
html form need to include an input field for each variables contained in
the target template.  But, my problem is that i don't know in advance all
variable names of the target template to create the appropriate html form
because the target template is also submited by the user and it could be
anything.

So, if the user submit a template that contains a variable $foobar, I need
to create dynamically a html form with an input field named "foobar".

See my problem?