velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Vijay Khanna" <vija...@kpitcummins.com>
Subject Using Avalon excalibur caching for velocity
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 08:54:31 GMT
Hello Room,

I am extensively using velocity to send end user notifications from JMS
messages.Each message is formatted for content and protocol (SMS/Email).We
have made effective usage of Avalon framework for achieving
Singelton,Threadsafe components for our applications.

Earlier,  was initializing the engine per JMS message..that proved very
expensive.High performance is now acheived when we initialise the engine
only once and put it in the Cache."org.apache.avalon.excalibur.cache.Cache".
This way my Notifications are sent at much faster rate then before !

Cheers
Vijay