velocity-user mailing list archives

From "bart wood" <bart_w...@hotmail.com>
Subject Veltag with struts tools
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 18:48:31 GMT
Hi,
I want to use velocity in my struts application.  I need the ability to
re-use a lot of existing jsp/struts tags but mix in velocity markup.  The
Veltag tag library seemed very promising to allow me to do this.  However, I
found that mixing the VelocityTag code with the VelocityViewServlet code is
not possible.  I downloaded the source of both and peeked around to figure
out how to mix the two.  I tried this piece of code in VelocityTag.doEndTag(
)

RequestDispatcher rd = pageContext.getServletContext().getNamedDispatcher(
"/velocity" );
rd.include( pageContext.getRequest( ), pageContext.getResponse( ) );

The VelocityViewServlet.doRequest method is called but it crashes.  Probably
because the VelocityViewServlet is expecting a file to parse instead of the
tag body.  I thought of creating a temporary file but that is really messy.
Does anyone have any code that does this same thing or something similar.
How can I combine the Veltag functionality with the velocity tools package?

Thanks