velocity-user mailing list archives

From Cesare Rocchi <roc...@itc.it>
Subject Transforming an xml file into a velocity template via xslt
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2003 11:58:06 GMT
Hiyall,

this is my first posting to the list. I skimmed the archive but didn't
find a solution to my problem. I'm trying to transform an xml file into
a velocity template file containing velocity statements. What I basically
want to do is to match some tag and its content/attributes and transform
it into a vel statement like:

<if>content</if> = #if(content)

I thought it could be feasible by means of XSLT. Did anyone try a similar
approach to a similar problem? any pointer to previous works?
I'm experimenting and a problem I am facing is that I want some part of
xml not to be modified, but that seems impossible with XSLT; anything
which is a tag is processed. Anyway I continue my experiments...

Thanks in advance,

-c.