velocity-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Velocity + Database
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 18:08:13 GMT
This is getting way off topic, and I apologize for that, but I was just
curious as to whether anyone has talked about porting Velosurf to .NET?
-- so that it could be used with the .NET versions of Velocity and
Maverick (for example).

There was some work in this regarding with Hibernate, but the developers
seemed to get bogged down in the complexity of the task.

-Ted.

Claude Brisson wrote:
> Interesting thread, indeed.
>
> Hibernate is for sure a great piece of work, I almost choosed to use it before I finally
choose to develop velosurf.

> The main reasin is I did not want the inherant complexity brought up by the persistence.
Today confusers are so speed that making
> direct accesses to the database is not so heavy, also considering you can do a lot with
some dummy hash caching at clever places.
> Also, Velosurf is more lightweight and meant to be use with the Velocity view layer.
But I'm sure there's still some ideas I could