velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Brian W. Young" <byo...@decadesystems.com>
Subject other options besides jtidy
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 17:31:55 GMT
I've read the discussions here before about whitespace and formatting
issues.  One suggestion was to pipe output through JTidy.  I'd consider
giving this a shot, but I'm a bit concerned about the JTidy project- it
doesn't appear to be actively maintained, making it a poor compliment to
Velocity which appears to be very well maintained.

Thoughts on this or suggestions of another Tidy-style library to use?  I
use Velocity to create HTML once that gets written to disk and may be
edited by users after that so I'd really like to pass my output through
a formatter.  Your thoughts on the best practices here for a robust
solution would be appreciated.  My users may also modify the templates
as well and I don't want to restrict them to be expected to use "strict"
markup either... i.e. close every <br> tag or else things are busted.
So I think that rules out trying to use an XML style API.

Thanks,
Brian