velocity-user mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@adeptra.com>
Subject Re: Character precision...
Date Sat, 23 Aug 2003 15:21:01 GMT

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 12:52 PM, Dave Newton wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 12:15, Rodrigo Reyes wrote:
>> Mmmm... Interesting... Please, give me an example...
>>> Liberal sprinklings of the ## (double comment character) really
>>> spruce
>>> things up a bit. I generate text emails with velocity all the time;
>>> as
>>> long as I ## lots of places I'm ok.
>
> Here's an example of the top of one of my really old template files.
> The
> interesting bit for you may be the trailing ## so that the output of
> the
> macro doesn't get a newline.
>
> Hope this helps!

I think that this is brilliant.  I never thought of this. I tend to be
a stick in the mud on the whole subject of "pretty templates vs pretty
output" as I tend to think of the debate.  We should add a hint section
to the UG or put a FAQ section...

Adeptra, Inc.                                       203-434-2093(m)
geirm@adeptra.com                                   203-247-1713(m)