velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Anthony E. Carlos" <anth...@digitalphenom.com>
Subject VelocityStrutsTools
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:09:26 GMT
Hello all:

The documentation says that "Errors may stem from the validation of a
submitted form or from the processing of a request." I know how the
validation creates an ActionErrors object comprised of one or more
ActionError objects. However, how do you create these while processing
a request and have access to them from Velocity (using the ErrorsTool)?

I've instantiated the objects in my Action class:

ActionError error = new
ActionError("error.adduser.usernamealreadyexists");
errors.add("error.adduser.usernamealreadyexists", error);

But, the ErrorsTool doesn't see it in my Velocity page:

$errors.getAll()<br>

renders as:

$errors.getAll()

Any help is appreciated.