velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Ganesh" <ganesh.ra...@wipro.com>
Subject Velocity in EJB Container
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:32:47 GMT

Hi,
I am trying to use Velocity inside an EJB Container. There are
programming restriction of EJB 1.1 spec (section 18.1.2), as given below
in using the File System.

"An enterprise bean must not use the java.io package to attempt to
access files and directories in the file system.

The file system APIs are not well-suited for business components to
access data. Business components should use a resource manager API, such
as JDBC API, to store data. "

In this scenario,which is best resource loader for Velocity to be used?
Will the selected resource loader, provide the caching facility as well?
Please let me know if there any know issues of using Velocity inside an
EJB container. Apart from the fact that I can see some 'synchronized'
keywords being used in the velocity source code.

Regards,
Ganesh

whatsoever is strictly prohibited.