velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Guillermo Meyer" <gme...@sib.interbanking.com.ar>
Subject Powered by Velocity: Xkins
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:43:26 GMT
Hi:
I'm working in an open source project, Xkins.
Xkins is a framework for managing Skins in a web application.
Skins are compound by elements, constants, paths and templates. These templates can be writen
in any template language. My first version used a propietary "found 'n replace" language.
But then I notice that using Velocity would be the best choice for this, so I create a VelocityTemplateProcessor
for my framework. The results where amazing: Velocity increases the default language performance
by 100% (amd more if using the cache), so Velocity is the recomended template language for
Xkins.
I think that his framework can be used by Velocity developers to use Skin capabilities, by
extending VelocityServlet and let Xkins choose the *.vm file according to the Skin, and use
Xkins inheritance capabilities and paths and resources management.

This weekend I change a little xkins home page, at http://xkins.sourceforge.net/ , so if you
want to take a look at this and let me know your thougths, it would be great.
Also I would be proud if you list this project in the "powered by Velocity" page.

Regards.

Guillermo Meyer
System Engineer Advanced
EDS Argentina Solution Centre