velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nat...@esha.com>
Subject Re: newby help
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 01:39:24 GMT
tkchris@netcourrier.com said
> I am a newby to velocity, that I am appreciating very much.

glad to hear it!

> Now, I am trying to replace the tag :
> in his book "Struts in action" (chapter 17 page 564).
>
> Pb: when I enter a wrong userName or psswd in my logonForm,
> there is no error displayed.

that should probably be  $!errors.msgs  or  $!errors.getMsgs()  you shouldn't
mix the short syntax with the full syntax.

if you haven't already, be sure you check out the velocity-tools documentation
at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/index.html
a *lot* of progress has been made on the tools project since Ted's book was
written.

> Question : what is the best way to display error messages in a page
> as in struts, i.e by using the error.properties file and the equivalent of

do what fits your purposes.  if $errors.msgs and the error.properties file
works fine for you, then stick with it.

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com