velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nat...@esha.com>
Subject Re: Velocity-Struts custom error message.
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2003 01:44:15 GMT
kimbuba said:
> First i thnx a lot for providing this exellent tool for rendering struts
> view layer.
> I really enjoy on writing single property keywords instead of <bean:wr.....
> (like old phpLib templates).

isn't it fun? :)

> when a field give me error i'd like to specify which file i want instead of
> the ApplicationResources one.
> i prefer to put directly on my struts-config:
>   <message-resources key="errors"
> parameter="it.kimbuba.webapps.struts_vel.config.errors" null="false"/>
> [... others resource files.]
>
> then in case of error i'll use:
> Is there any way to do this with velocity?

no, i don't think we've implemented access to that feature yet.  it probably
wouldn't be hard to get in before we do a 1.1 release though.  would you post
a feature request in bugzilla for this?  that way it'll notify the
velocity-dev list and not be forgotten.

> how can i specify which boundle to look at?

either wait for someone to patch the ErrorsTool (and probably MessageTool
too), or else do the patch yourself.  and if you do it yourself before anyone
else gets to it, we hope you'll share the patch with us! :)

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com