velocity-user mailing list archives

From Nathan Bubna <nat...@esha.com>
Subject veltools 1.1 final? Was: Velocity-Struts custom error message.
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:26:04 GMT
kimbuba said:
> when do u guys think tools 1.1 final will be available?

when it's ready.  :)

things we're waiting on:
 1. completion and checkin of the 'new' TilesTool and ImportTool
 2. documentation/examples of new tools and features
 3. a final decision on the getOutputStream()/getWriter() stuff in VVS
 4? better support for dynamic charset selection in VVS?

afaik, marino is working on #1, no one is working on #2, and i think Daniel
said he'd deal with #3.  i will do #4 if i hear sufficient demand for it.

once #1 happens, i think we should do a non-final release (beta or RC).  after
that, we'll probably wait for feedback on that release and doc improvements
before we consider releasing a 1.1 final.

so, if you want to speed up the process, start using the current code to test
it out and give us a hand with the documentation.  suggestions for doc/example
improvements can be found in the STATUS document.

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com