velocity-user mailing list archives

From ilfrin <ilf...@poczta.onet.pl>
Subject Re[4]: "$value" when null
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 19:27:47 GMT
Hi Geir,

9 pa┼║dziernika 2003, 19:43:52, zastalo napisane:

GMJ> On Tuesday, October 7, 2003, at 06:56 AM, ilfrin wrote:

>> Hi Geir,
>>
>> 7 pa┼║dziernika 2003, 12:52:54, zastalo napisane:
>>

>> GMJ> I don't quite understand.  I assume that you have something under
>> GMJ> 'profile' in the context?  it has a method getFromAddr() or
>> get(String)
>> GMJ> that returns null.
>>
>> profile is a object (persisted by turque) and getFromAddr() is one of
>> it's getter methods which returns a null String in some cases (a new
>> object)
>>
>> GMJ> And you see '$value' in the output?

GMJ> Why would '$value' come out?

why would $value come out?

GMJ> if the reference is something other than '$value', then the reference
GMJ> should print, not the string 'value'

it's $value regardless of the parameter that's calling it

$!profile.getFromAddr()
$!profile.getName()

it happens when the returning value is null, if it's any string
including "" the string value is then printed

--
Thanks,
 ilfrin                            mailto:ilfrin@poczta.onet.pl