velocity-user mailing list archives

From mailmur <mail...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Please Help
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 18:30:53 GMT
1) Hardcode rootpaths for FileResourceLoader
No good for servlet deployment

2) Tweak .path value before initing Velocity
Use servletcontext.getRealpath() to construct the
fullpath at runtime, load velocity.properties, modify
.path value, init velocity engine

3) Use Classpathresourceloader
This will use classloader, so you can keep templates
under the webapp folder structure.

I've chosen to use option 2 in my environment.
Fileresourceloader have a better cachereloading
support than classpathloader.

file.resource.loader.class=org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.FileResourceLoadr