velocity-user mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr. <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: http://google-taglib.sourceforge.net/
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 18:21:57 GMT

On Monday, October 13, 2003, at 10:24 AM, Simon Christian wrote:

> Thanks Dave, I think I get the essence of it, I suppose what I should
> ask is: if I was to use a method from project X, some constructs from
> project Y and some natty documentation from project Z, all of which
> are OSS, toward my OSS project, whose license does it sit under? I'm
> guessing now the answer is 'all of them'..?

Yes, you want to keep the license of any code that you are using from
other projects.  If you get ideas from someone else, you don't have to
note that, although it's a nice thing to do.

Looking at it more, it appears that google makes a set of Java examples
available for their API, which appears to be a bunch of web services....

geirm@optonline.net