velocity-user mailing list archives

From Matt Raible <m...@raibledesigns.com>
Subject Re: Loading velocimacros library from inside package
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:49:44 GMT
If I put globalMacros.vm in WEB-INF/classes and set velocimacro.library
to globalMacros.vm - everything works.

If I put globalMacros.vm in the net.sf.navigator.displayer package of a
jar file (that get's put in WEB-INF/lib) and set velocimacro.library to
net.sf.navigator.displayer.globalMacros.vm, I get:

ERROR - SimpleLog4JLogSystem.logVelocityMessage(181) | ResourceManager
: unable to find resource 'net.sf.navigator.displayer.globalMacros.vm'
in any resource loader.

Here's my velocity.properties file:

# specify resource loaders to use
resource.loader = class, webapp

# NOTE: Leave cache set to false while developing - change to true when
deploying to production.

# for the loader we call 'class', use the ClasspathResourceLoader
class.resource.loader.description = Velocity Classpath Resource Loader
class.resource.loader.class =
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.ClasspathResourceLoader
class.resource.loader.cache = false
class.resource.loader.modificationCheckInterval = 60

# for the loader we call 'webapp', use the WebappLoader
webapp.resource.loader.description = Velocity Webapp Loader
webapp.resource.loader.class =
org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.WebappLoader
webapp.resource.loader.cache = false
webapp.resource.loader.modificationCheckInterval = 60

# log invalid template references?
# set this to false to have a quieter velocity.log
runtime.log.invalid.reference=true

# remove after completed
runtime.log.error.stacktrace = true
runtime.log.warn.stacktrace = true
runtime.log.info.stacktrace = true

# tell Velocity to use Log4J
runtime.log.logsystem.class=org.apache.velocity.runtime.log.SimpleLog4JL
ogSystem
runtime.log.logsystem.log4j.category=org.apache.velocity

# velocimacro settings
velocimacro.library = net.sf.navigator.displayer.globalMacros.vm
velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline.to.replace.global=true

Thanks,

Matt