velocity-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lammich <lamm...@ls5.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
Subject Re: Registering event handlers via velocity.properties ?
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:27:21 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On Wednesday, October 29, 2003, at 12:06 PM, Peter Lammich wrote:
>
>> I need to write a custom ReferenceInsertionEventHandler.
>> My problem is: I do not have the source code of the Servlet, so I do
>> not know how to get my EventHandler attached.
>> Can I modify one of the config files (web.xml, velocity.properties,
>> or similiar) to register my EventHandler as the
>> default event-handler for the ReferenceInsertionEvent ?
>

> Funny you should ask.
>
> We are just talking about that - if we should add to the config the
> ability to setup a handler.  Can you actually config Velocity w/ that
> servlet?

That's the problem. I don't have any possibility to view the source of
that weird servlet (some commercial closed-source stuff), and there is
no (documented) configuration interface. I cannot even access the
velocity context within my templates. I thoght about the following options:
    -   Inserting the eventHandler via the properties file (see above)
    -   Modifying the velocity sources to look for my event handler upon
initializing the renderer (I do not know the sources, so I probably
would do something quick&dirty)
    -  Just resigning