velocity-user mailing list archives

From Charles Oliver Nutter <head...@headius.com>
Subject Re: Unable to locate .VM files in Jar (Velocity 1.3.1)
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:02:31 GMT
I like option 3: use both classloaders. If all is done like it should
be, the context classloader will get the resource just fine. That ought
to cover most cases. If it fails, we can fall back to the old method.

I agree, I'd rather not have another resource loader...just imagine the
questions on the list about which ClasspathResourceLoader to use. Plus,
unless people understand thread-context class loaders, they'll still use
the old one and have it not work.

If we must create a new one, I'd say "ThreadContextResourceLoader" is
about as clear as can be.

- Charlie