velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Payne, Matthew" <pa...@Telerx.com>
Subject RE: Mixing jsp content with tiles using tiles tool
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 20:41:34 GMT
The filter see its.  Here is the stack trace under tomcat 5.
Notice the VelocityViewServlet is getting hit. Looks like it would be
helpful if VelocityViewServlet had a little better error handling.  It
should probably print a stack trace if it can't write web content.

 [Exception in:/center/listThemes.vm] null java.lang.IllegalStateException
at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.ServletResponseWrapperInclude.getOutputStream(Serv
letResponseWrapperInclude.java:107) at
org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet.error(Unknown
Source) at
org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet.doRequest(Unknown
Source) at
org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet.doGet(Unknown
Source) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856) at
FilterChain.java:284) at
ain.java:204) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.
java:742) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatch
er.java:630) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher
.java:542) at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.include(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:1
002) at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.include(PageContextImpl.java:503)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesUtilImpl.doInclude(TilesUtilImpl.java:137)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesUtil.doInclude(TilesUtil.java:177) at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag.doInclude(InsertTag.java:756) at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag$InsertHandler.doEndTag(InsertTag.ja
va:881) at
org.apache.struts.taglib.tiles.InsertTag.doEndTag(InsertTag.java:473) at
org.apache.jsp.layout_jsp._jspx_meth_tiles_insert_2(layout_jsp.java:143) at
org.apache.jsp.layout_jsp._jspService(layout_jsp.java:83) at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:133) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856) at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:3
11) at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:301) at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:248) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856) at
FilterChain.java:284) at
ain.java:204) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.
java:742) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDis
patcher.java:506) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatch
er.java:443) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher
.java:359) at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:10
69) at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.doForward(TilesRequestProcesso
r.java:274) at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processTilesDefinition(TilesRe
questProcessor.java:254) at
org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(TilesRequ
estProcessor.java:309) at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:279)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:507) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856) at
FilterChain.java:284) at
ain.java:204) at
va:256) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:563)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContext
Valve.java:245) at
va:199) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:563)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:195
) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151) at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:164
) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:149) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:563)
at
:156) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:563)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:972) at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:209) at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:670)
at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:517) at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:575)
at