velocity-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ross Tailby <R...@antech.org.uk>
Subject Velocity configuration with servlets
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 16:37:29 GMT
I am currently having a problem displaying output on a web browser when
using Velocity with Servlets. The tomcat server and directory structure seem
to be set up ok as standard Servlets will appear fine. However, when a
Servlet that uses a velocity template is used, no output is displayed (i.e.
blank IE screen) and a
org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException appears in the
tomcat command window (stating that the resource velocity template cannot be
found). 

I realise that this probably means that the template is not located by the
program but I've tried specifying the path in the servlet, pasting the
template in at every level in the directory path, and defining a
"velocity.properties" config file (which didn't seem to do very much..) all
to no avail. If anyone has some advice on how to structure the directory or
if any extra settings need to be changed, I'd be very grateful to hear about
it. 

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: velocity-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: velocity-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message