velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Qin Ding" <qd...@csc.com>
Subject Re: Please Help
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 18:53:05 GMT

Mailmur: Thank you for your advice.

Would you please show me how to use Classpathresourceloader? Thank you.

qd

for such purpose.

                      mailmur <mailmur

                      @yahoo.com>              To:      Velocity Users List

                                               <velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                      10/07/03 01:30           cc:

                      PM                       Subject: Re: Please Help

                      Please respond

                      to "Velocity

                      Users List"

1) Hardcode rootpaths for FileResourceLoader
No good for servlet deployment

2) Tweak .path value before initing Velocity
Use servletcontext.getRealpath() to construct the
fullpath at runtime, load velocity.properties, modify
.path value, init velocity engine

3) Use Classpathresourceloader
This will use classloader, so you can keep templates
under the webapp folder structure.

I've chosen to use option 2 in my environment.
Fileresourceloader have a better cachereloading
support than classpathloader.

file.resource.loader.class=org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.FileResourceLoadr