velocity-user mailing list archives

From Barbara Baughman <baugh...@utdallas.edu>
Subject Re: Velocity configuration with servlets
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:19:22 GMT
Without the steps to specifically set the file.resource.loader.path to
be relative to the web application, Velocity always looks for the
templates relative to the directory where the program is running.  For
tomcat, that's relative to $TOMCAT_HOME/bin.

The VelocityViewServlet in the Velocity Tools project can be a help in
using Velocity within the context of servlet development.

For another perspective, I have my personal notes on setting up
Velocity with tomcat at
http://www.utdallas.edu/~baughman/velocity2.html

After you get it working once, you'll never want to use anything else.

Barbara Baughman
X2157