velocity-user mailing list archives

From "Terry Steichen" <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Macro Doesn't Work 1st Time
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 17:45:53 GMT
For as long as I can recall, I've had a problem with Velocity templates that contain macros
not working the first time - after the first time they work fine.  Here's a simple example:

---------------------------------------
#show("My Message")

#macro(show $msg)
<h1>$msg</h1>
#end

On my system, the first time I invoke this template I get this: ("My Message").  Subsequent
times I get "My Message" highligted properly with the H1 tag.

My velocity.properties file includes: velocimacro.permissions.allow.inline.to.replace.global
= true

Appreciate any thoughts/advice on whether this is a bug, or if I'm not initializing something
properly.

Regards,

Terry